Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Returns

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I am back from my one-week hiatus and am thankful for the time off. After picking Tennessee two weeks in a row, I needed some time for rest and reflection. I did have a very nice week in Week 10, but I sure did appreciate Rob filling in for me.....I hope you appreciated it as well as his picks put money on the table that could have been used to put today's spread on the table. Speaking of which, I need to get this out so I can get to chowing down!

Washington at Dallas - Some people are mentioning "Dallas" and "playoffs" in the same sentence and are somehow omitting the word "watching". The Cowboys were gifted a game last Sunday by the Browns. The Redskins are not the Browns, even with a beat-up defense. Washington will go into Dallas and win today.


Indianapolis vs. Buffalo - As great of a story as Andrew Luck and the Colts are, the fact of the matter is that their defense is absolutely terrible. Tom Brady makes great defenses looks bad, but even Ryan Tannehill threw for 290 on Indy. The run defense isn't much better. Shonn Green looked like he was back at Iowa running over the Indiana Hoosiers when they met last month in New York. Though they are the Bills, they have a lot of offensive talent and can match scores with Indy. I really don't like picking a Side in this game, but I love the Over!

Carolina at Philadelphia - Only Philadelphia can make a long-discussed move to Nick Foles at QB (via Michael Vick's injury) and immediately start regretting it. Foles did not endear himself to the Philly Faithful last week. Sadly, the only player I like on the team, LeSean McCoy, took a bad shot to the head last Sunday and is out for awhile since he is still suffering headaches. The season is over for Philly and they have quit attempting to be competitive. Carolina has been a major disappointment this year as well, but they are still playing and looking to build momentum for next season. This game won't be close. Panthers in a walk.

7-Point Teaser bet of the week:Washington +10.5
Tampa +8.5
New Orleans +8
Carolina +4.5

No comments: