Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2011 NFLTeam Win Projections

As much as I tried to resist, I had to put together my Win projections for each of the NFL teams to see how well I do against the Vegas oddsmakers. Not surprisingly this year, we are thinking along the same lines; the really good teams will be really good and the bad teams will be oh so bad. Parity is out the window this year, my friends.


East

Bill

Book


East

Bill

Book

New England

12

11.5


Philly

11

10.5

NY Jets

10

9.5


NY Giants

9

9.5

Miami

6

7.5


Dallas

9

9

Buffalo

6

5.5


Wash

5

6.5

North


North

Baltimore

12

10.5


GB

12

11.5

Pittsburgh

12

10.5


Chicago

8

8.5

Cleveland

5

6.5


Detroit

7

7

Cincy

4

5.5


Minny

7

6.5

South


South

Houston

10

9


Atlanta

11

10.5

Indy

9

10.5


NO

11

10

Tenn

6

6.5


TB

8

8

Jax

5

6.5


Carolina

3

4.5

West


West

San Diego

12

10


St. Louis

8

7.5

Denver

7

6


SF

8

7.5

Oakland

7

6.5


Arizona

7

6

KC

6

6


Seattle

5

6


AFC Division winners: New England, Baltimore, Houston, San Diego

AFC Wildcards: Pittsburgh, New York Jets

AFC Championship game: Baltimore over New England

NFC Division winners: Philly, Green Bay, Atlanta, St. Louis

NFC Wildcards: New Orleans, New York Giants

NFC Championship game: Atlanta over Philadelphia

Super Bowl Champs: Baltimore


For those paying attention from last year, I am picking the Ravens A-GAIN. If they didn't melt down in the playoffs in the second half against Pittsburgh last year, I truly believe that they would have won the whole thing.

A few other notables: Indy will not make the playoffs and the NFC West will be another Dog Show, but at least the winner will emerge with a .500 record this year!

Aside from Baltimore to win it all, the best bets for the regular season are the teams that I have projected at 1.5 games under the Vegas number and Pitt, San Diego and Baltimore over their numbers. I really believe that we will have a bunch of crappy teams this year and some really dominant teams. I wish I would have bet Houston to win the AFC South last week before the latest news on Peyton came out as the bet is off the board right now. With an improved defense, I like them to finally get over the hump this year.



No comments: